Children and Youth Experiencing Homelessness Have the Right to a Free, Appropriate Public Education
Early Childhood Education
- The Improving Head Start for School Readiness Act of 2007 was signed into law December 12, 2007.
- The Child Care and Development Block Grant Act of 2014 was signed into law November 19, 2014.
- The Child Nutrition and WIC Reauthorization Act 2004 (P.L. 108-265) (pdf) provides categorical eligibility to students who meet the federal definition of homeless, runaway, or migrant.
- Guidance on implementing Child Nutrition Act Superintendent's Memo #8, September 24, 2004, Implementation of the Child Nutrition and WIC Reauthorization Act of 2004
- Regularly updated resources and guidance related to the National School Lunch Program from the Food Research and Action Center.
- Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA): regulation and guidance resources at the US Department of Education (ED).
- Privacy and Homelessness: A Technical Assistance Tool from the National Association for the Education of Homeless Children and Youth