Presented by the Virginia Department of Social Services and the Virginia Department of Education. For additional information on this topic, visit the Enrollment of Students in Foster Care page on the Virginia Department of Education website.
- Foster Care Liaisons (LEA) [xlsx] revised February 2020
- Educational Stability Liaisons (DSS) [xlsx] revised February 2020
- US Department of Education - Health & Human Services Non-Regulatory Guidance [pdf]
- Virginia Department of Social Services - Virginia Department of Education Joint Guidance [Word]
- FC/ESSA Form A-17, Notice of Student Receiving Foster Care Services and Request for Best Interest Determination Participation Form [Word]
- FC/ESSA Form B-17, Best Interest Determination for Foster Care School Placement Form [Word]
- FC/ESSA Form C-17, Immediate Enrollment of Student in Foster Care Form [Word]
- FC/ESSA Form D-17, Best Interest Determination Process Educational Input from Residential Treatment Centers Form [doc]
- Superintendent’s Memo #324-17 Educational Stability for Students in Foster Care, Updated Virginia Joint Guidance to Align With the Every Student Succeeds Act and the Fostering Connections to Success and Increasing Adoptions Act of 2008 with link to [doc] Joint Guidance
- Fostering Connections to Success and Increasing Adoptions Act HR 6893 (P.L. 110-351) September 22, 2008. This act will help hundreds of thousands of children and youth in foster care by promoting permanent families for them through relative guardianship and adoption and improving education and health care.