Saturday/Summer Enrichment 2024 courses are open to students currently enrolled in grades Kindergarten through grade 12. Parents are responsible for gathering the information for the application. School personnel are not expected to prepare the application packet, only to submit the student recommendation.
Students must be in grade K-12 during the current school year and at least one of the following must apply:
- Student has shown high interest/achievement in one or more of the content areas OR
- Student has received a distinguished rating on the state assessment OR
- Student has been identified for services as a gifted child OR
- Student has a score at or above the 90th percentile on the total battery or at or above the 95th percentile on the total mathematics or language/reading section of the most recent achievement test.
1. Student Recommendation from a current teacher, counselor, or school administrator.
2. Completed program application forms via Campsite and all required documentation within enrollment process.
3. Payment via SEP Payment Portal
1. Completed program application forms via Campsite and all required documentation within enrollment process.
2. Payment via SEP Payment Portal.
3. Student Recommendation and Test Scores must be on file with the Center for Gifted Education. ** Please contact us at [[amorris03]] with any questions.**
Courses are taught by a variety of talented instructors, including area teachers of gifted and talented learners, and content specialists.
The Saturday/Summer Enrichment Program adheres to a disciplinary policy of students taking responsibility for their own behaviors. We expect that all students will behave appropriately during class so that learning experiences can benefit all. If a student should be disruptive in a SEP class, a warning will be given to the student and parents on the day of the infraction. If the inappropriate behavior continues, the child will be removed from the class and may be removed from the program.