Tuition & Fees
Per Credit Hour
(Part-time students and summer)
Per Semester (Fall/Spring)
(Full-time Students - 9+ credits )
(Full-time students - 9+ credits)
Out of State Resident
- Programs that begin in the summer pay tuition per credit hour and is not included in the academic year totals above.
- There is an additional, one-time LiveText Fee of $150 (not included in the tuition and fees listed above)
LiveText is a web-based document creation and storage system that provides School of Education students the ability to store, maintain, and publish a professional career portfolio that can be accessed for up to five years after graduation.
- All international students in F-1 or J-1 visa status must show adequate funding for their program at William & Mary or VIMS. Click here for financial estimates.
*Summer tuition is charged per credit hour.
- The Executive EdD program charges a per credit hour rate of $950 for in-state and out of state students.
- The K-12 Administration, Gifted Education and International School Leadership concentrations are excluded from the W&M Educational Assistance Program. Students in the Higher Education concentration may use the W&M Employee Educational Assistance program, but are limited to using the benefit for one course in fall and spring semesters and two courses in summer semesters.
- For 2023-2024, the Online Counseling programs charges a per credit hour rate of $725 for in-state and out of state students.
- The Online Counseling program is excluded from the W&M Educational Assistance Program.
More information regarding the annual cost of attendance can be found on the Financial Aid website.
For more information on tuition and fees, billing and payment options, visit eServices.
Late Payment Policy
Students whose payments are received after the due date will be assessed a late payment fee of up to 10% of the outstanding balance (not to exceed $100) as prescribed in 2.2-4805 of the Code of Virginia. Failure to receive a bill does not waive the requirement for payment when due and will not prevent the application of the late fee.