After you receive a contract for a graduate assistantship, you must complete additional forms in order to receive payment.
All graduate assistants must complete Section 1 of Form I-9 between the time an offer for assistantship is received and the end of the first day on the job. Note the I-9 is an online form (www.newi9.com) You will need to enter the Employer Code - 14621.
The Office of Academic Programs must use the on-line I-9 website to complete Section 2 of Form I-9 while examining evidence of your identity and employment eligibility. You must present in person original documents identified by the USCIS.
If you are local or in town, we would appreciate your coming to the office prior to the start of the semester to complete the verification of your identity and employment documents. If you cannot, you must present them no later than the first day of work as listed on your contract.
Your documents must be from the following:
- One selection from List A; OR
- One selection from List B (Driver's license is the most commonly used document) in combination with one selection from List C (SSN card is the most commonly used document).
Note that List A contains documents that show both identity and employment authorization, List B documents show identity only, and List C documents show employment authorization only.
2. W-4 Federal Tax Withholding- Processed in Self Service via myWM
3. VA W-4 Virginia Tax Withholding Form - Processed in Self Service via myWM
4. Direct Deposit information are to be completed directly in Self Service and forms will no longer be accepted by the Payroll Office. Changes must be made via an on-campus computer and, for your security, you must contact the Payroll Office to confirm the request before it will be activated. For additional information, visit What You Should Know on the Payroll web page, or call the Payroll office at 221-2848.
Payroll office location: Williamsburg Professional Center, 2nd Floor, 1314 S. Mt. Vernon Ave., Williamsburg, VA 23185
(the office is located Directly across Monticello Avenue from The School of Education.)
Hours of Operation - Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Contact Payroll Customer Service: (757) 221-2848