The School of Education offers online coursework designed to help provisionally-licensed teachers fulfill their professional studies course requirements. The courses meet the requirements set by the Virginia Department of Education for licensure in the following endorsement areas: Early/Primary and Elementary Education; Middle Education; and Secondary, K-12 and Special Education.
These courses are offered in a fully online format and last 7.5 weeks.
- CRIN 502: Human Development and Learning
- CRIN 501: Foundation of Education and Teaching Profession
- CRIN 552: Assessment of and for Learning
- CRIN 500: Classroom Behavior & Management
- CRIN 504: Curriculum & Instruction
- CRIN 505: Language Acquisition
- CRIN 503: Literacy in Content Areas (Secondary)
- CRIN 506: Reading and Writing Development
How to Apply
If you are interested in taking a Professional Studies course, you'll first need to apply as a non-degree seeking student. Open dates for non-degree registration are listed on the School of Education's Academic Calendar.
Tuition & Fees
Assistant Professor of Curriculum & Instruction