- provide training in Center for Gifted Education materials
- disseminate research-based best practices
- provide professional development to promote leadership and exemplary practices in gifted education.
2019 Summer Institute Session Titles and Presenters
- Developing Social and Emotional Skills to Support Talent Development (Dr. Tracy L. Cross and Dr. Jennifer Riedl Cross)
- Using Real World Issues to Drive Student Engagement in STEM (Dr. Debbie Dailey)
- Addressing the ‘Gifted Gap’: Issues and Strategies for Improving Access and Equity in Gifted Education Programs for Underserved Gifted Students (Dr. Joy Davis)
- Beyond the Main Idea: Using Constructivist Approaches to Engage Gifted Students with Challenging Texts (Magdalena Fitzsimmons)
- Social Studies Strategies for Engaging High Ability Learners (Molly Sandling)
- William & Mary Center for Gifted Education Language Arts Curriculum (Mary Ann Yedinak)
Registration Information for the 2019 Summer Institute
$325.00 | Now - May 22, 2019
$375.00 | May 23 - June 21, 2019
Summer Institute is designed for gifted program coordinators, other district and building-level administrators, teachers of the gifted, and all teachers who want to enhance their ability to differentiate appropriately for their gifted and advanced learners.