How do payments work? Schools or Administrators Paying?
Many schools will pay their teachers' registrations. If you are an administrator or school staff that is trying to pay for your teachers' registrations, we have a few options for you.
- Please have your teachers register for their session first.
- Ask them to forward you the confirmation email.
- Payment Options (you will need the teacher name and confirmation number):
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org a Purchase Order
- Mail a check to: William & Mary - Center for Gifted Education APSI, PO Box 8795, Williamsburg, VA 23187
- Pay by Credit Card at our Payment Portal
- Wire Transfer: If your division plans to pay by wire transfer, please have the responsible party contact email@example.com with details of the transfer (including your name and confirmation number) so that William & Mary can properly apply the payment to your account.
Is graduate credit available?
Regretfully, no. Due to William & Mary requirements, it is not possible for us to provide graduate credit for this event.
Where will my class be?
- Online - June 28 - July 1 and July 5-8
- Courses are held through the Learning Management System Blackboard with Zoom integration. You will receive email directions on how to access the online session 1 week prior to your session start date.
- In-Person - July 12 - 15 and July 19-22
- Location - W&M's School of Education, 301 Monticello Ave., Williamsburg, VA 23185, 1st Floor, Professional Development Center
What are the technology requirements in order to take the online APSI session?
Participants should have a computer system that meets the following minimum requirements:
|Processor||2Ghz Pentium 4 or above||1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor|
|Memory||2GB of RAM or more||1GB of RAM or more|
|OS||Windows Vista, 7, or 8||Mac OS X 10.6 or above|
|Browser||IE 8 or above; Firefox 3.6 or above (latest recommended); Latest stable Chrome||Firefox (latest) or Safari|
|Software||The most recent version of Adobe Flash player, Java, and the Adobe Connect add-in|
All computer systems should have:
|Peripherals||Stereo headset with microphone or speakers and microphone (headset recommended); webcam|
|Internet Connection||Broadband Internet at 1.5 Mbps or higher (DSL or Cable modem)|
In order to complete all of the exercises in an online course, students should be able to:
|Copy and paste text between programs||Send email||Complete online forms||Scan files or images|
|Participate in video conferencing||Use an Internet browser||Upload files or documents to an online site||Take and upload digital photos|
What is the format of the online class?
The online courses will be run through Blackboard, an online Learning Management Software with integrated Zoom live meetings. You should expect a 60/40 ratio of synchronous/asynchronous learning.
What else do I need to know?
You will receive a College Board Course & Exam Description Binder (at the event for in-person or mailed to you for online as long as you register 3 weeks ahead of your start date). Please make sure the address you listed in your registration for online APSI is your home address and your email is one you check frequently.
Where do I go for technology help?
Please visit our Technology Help page.
Can I cancel my registration or transfer my registration?
Cancellations and/or substitutions must be received by emailing [[cfgepd,email]] and will result in a $50 processing fee. Please see each specific session website for cancellation cut-off dates.