The Advanced Placement Summer Institute (APSI) is designed to help new, beginning, and current Advanced Placement (AP) high school teachers plan and implement more effective AP programs in their schools. The Institute workshops is a five day, online intensive training on the curriculum and teaching methods of AP courses. Each course workshop also explores the content, structure, and grading of the AP exams. In addition, the workshops afford teachers the opportunity to interact with colleagues and to discuss issues and concerns surrounding the AP courses they will teach.
Teachers who attend an Online AP Summer Institute should be able to:
- Understand the Course
- The course framework defines the scope of the course and specifies what students must know and do to be successful on the AP Exam.
- Plan the Course
- Sequencing, pacing, and scaffolding are essential for building students’ understanding and their ability to transfer and apply knowledge and skills.
- Teach the Course
- Effective instructional strategies help students to develop a mastery of course content and skills over time.
- Assess Student Progress and Understanding
- Learning requires time, practice, and regular feedback
APSI 2021 Online Session Offering Schedule
- Week 1 June 29-July 2, 2021
- Week 2 July 6-9, 2021
- Week 3 July 20-23, 2021
- Week 4 July 27-30, 2021
Registration (Coming Soon)
Participants receive a certificate indicating the number of hours of instruction you have participated in equivalent to 3.0 Continuing Education Units (CEUs). No graduate credit is available at this time.