Summer SEP 2019
Join us this summer for our fun enrichment classes! Classes run from 9 am - 12 pm and 1 pm - 4 pm, Monday - Friday each week. Classes are $350 each with a $50 deposit due with application. Please see application packet (by clicking "Register for Summer SEP") for course specifics, descriptions and application instructions. The deadline to apply has been extended to July 3, 2019
Note: Grades listed in our Summer 2019 packet are for rising grades
Note: All classes open unless marked FULL
Session 2: July 8-12, 2019 (updated class list due to registration)
- My Amazing Body! | Grades K-2 (PM only)
- LEGO WeDo | Grades 1-3 (AM Only)
- The Renaissance | Grades 2-3
- Fun with Math! | Grades 2-3
- Chemistry in the Kitchen | Grades 2-3 FULL
- Elementary Engineering | Grades 3-5
- LEGO Robotics I | Grades 3-6
- Engineering with Robots | Grades 4-6
- Stop the Presses! | Grades 4-6
- Psyched about Psychology! | Grades 5-7 (PM Only)
- Capturing American History through your Digital Camera | Grades 6-8
- It's Debatable! | Grades 6-8
SEP is an academically challenging program with an emphasis on inquiry-based learning for students. The program is not meant to supplant the regular school curriculum; rather, it recognizes the importance of allowing able youngsters to explore additional specialized areas of science, mathematics, humanities, and arts. Course activities are compatible with the expected achievement of talented students at specific grade and age levels.
Behaviors fostered by the gifted learner program include the ability to:
apply process skills used in individual fields of inquiry,
recognize problems and approaches to problem solving,
understand and appreciate individual differences, and
become a self-directed learner.
For more information about our enrichment programs, please contact the Precollegiate Learner Programs Team at (757) 221-6198. You can also contact us by [[sep, email]].