Skip to main content


A copy of your unofficial transcripts from each institution you attended and that awarded or will be awarding you a degree(s) can be attached to and submitted with the online application for admission. You may also include documentation of any additional coursework which may be relevant to the graduate degree you wish to pursue.  Additional degree requirements will vary by program and degree.

Final official transcripts are required of those applicants who are offered admission. Failure to provide official transcripts reflecting degree conferral will result in a hold on the student record.

If your institution provides electronic transcripts, please feel free to use that option. Have the transcript sent to [[w|graded]]

If your former institution is going to mail your transcript, you must tell them to include "School of Education" in our address, or the transcripts will not be delivered to our office.  Our address is: William & Mary, The School of Education, PO Box 8795, Williamsburg, VA, 23187.

Applicants who received a previous degree from William & Mary need not supply an official W&M transcript. 

Applicants who supply unofficial transcripts during the application process are required to submit official transcripts upon admission.  Providing fraudulent transcripts will result in dismissal from William & Mary.

Graduates of Foreign Institutions of Higher Learning

If you attended a university or earned a degree outside of the United States and are applying for licensure in Virginia, you will need to obtain an evaluation of your credentials from an outside agency.