Welcome to the Tribe! A Graduate Assistantship Recruitment Experience is a special event just for students admitted to our higher education programs. On February 19, 2021, join us for a virtual event to interview with Graduate Assistantship (GA) suprvisors. Before the interview day, connect with our faculty, students, and potential GA Supervisors through webinars.
It’s a great opportunity to find out if William & Mary is the right choice for you. Congratulations on your admission and we look forward to welcoming you to campus!
Note: All the following events will occur in Eastern Time.
Monday, February 15th
11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Faculty session with Dr. Stephanie Blackmon and Dr. Pamela Eddy to discuss program requirements.
Friday, February 19th
8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Admitted full-time students will have an opportunity to explore assistantship opportunities and interview for positions.
3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Drop-in hour with Dr. Pamela Eddy.
Monday, February 22nd
6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Debrief about your interview experiences with leaders in HESA (Higher Education Student Association).
Graduate Assistant Position Interviews
If you are a full-time student interested in a graduate assistantship, interviews will be available during the day on Feb. 19 to allow you to connect with assistantship supervisors. See the full listing of anticipated positions for 2021-2022 with descriptions. Each interview slot will be approximately 15 minutes.
Candidate Tips to make sure you're prepared for your day of interviews. (More interview tips from the Cohen Career Center.)
- Clarify your interests and goals. Consider what type of experience you would like to gain to
complement your graduate studies.
- Review the list of available positions and research those that interest you. Read the listed job descriptions, visit those departments’ websites and gather information about each. We encourage you to contact the supervisor to learn as much about the position as possible. Supervisors are very open to hearing from you! Watch videos from GA supervisors.
- Plan to dress professionally in business or business casual attire.
- Have a digital copy and link of your resume to share in the chat with potential supervisors. You may also want to bring any questions you have prepared in advance.
- Prepare to speak about yourself briefly, but enthusiastically, showing your strengths, skills, experience, and interest.
- After the event, write the supervisors you are interested in working with to thank them for their time and information.
Have questions about the higher education administration program? Contact Dr. Pamela Eddy at [[pamela.eddy]] or Dr. Stephanie Blackmon at [[sjblackmon]]
Have questions about assistantship interviews? Contact Heather Deere at [[hmdeere]] and Lauren Garrett at [[lmgarrett]].
Have questions about admissions? Contact Dot Osborne at [[dot.osborne]].
For more admitted student information, click here.