Welcome back, returning students! And to all the new students (or just new readers on the blog), it’s great to meet you! We’re so glad you’re here.
As a clinical mental health counseling student, I spend lots of time either in class or at my internship. Add work, readings, and taking care of my dog (Lil G!) on top of that, and it makes sense that there are lots of Williamsburg-related things that I want to do but haven’t yet. I only have nine months ‘til graduation, though, and I want to experience Williamsburg as fully as I can before I leave! With that in mind, I’ve made a bucket list for this semester. I’ll also include the links after each item (when applicable) in case you’re interested in checking them out. Come back to the blog throughout the semester for updates!
- Go to the Williamsburg Farmer’s Market (http://williamsburgfarmersmarket.com/).
- Check out the 2nd Sundays Art & Music Festival (http://www.2ndsundayswilliamsburg.com/).
- Hang out at William and Mary’s homecoming… and maybe even go to the homecoming football game (https://homecoming.wm.edu/full-schedule.html)!
- Go on a ghost tour of Colonial Williamsburg (there are lots of companies, but here’s one of them: https://www.colonialwilliamsburg.com/plan/calendar/official-ghost-walk/).
- Get to know potential future Tribe members at the School of Education’s Day for Prospective Students (it’ll be on October 21 this year; http://education.wm.edu/admissions/graduate/recruitingfair/index.php).
- Host a Halloween party for friends, and dress up as Misty from Pokémon (and dress up Gracie the dog as Pikachu!).
- Eat a Friendsgiving meal with the other counseling students.
- Walk around Colonial Williamsburg and check out all the Christmas decorations. (You won’t believe the wreaths they create! And every building has a different one!)
- Run the Christmas Town Dash 8K (http://christmastowndash.com/).
- Enjoy Yule Log with the William and Mary community (http://www.wm.edu/about/history/traditions/index.php).
Thanks for reading, friends! See you next time.