2019-2020 Events Calendar | Events Open for Registration | Handouts | Certification Points
The School-University Research Network (SURN) develops programs for building level instructional leaders, teacher leaders, and superintendents as well as other school leaders on critical educational leadership and instructional issues. SURN works with 30 Virginia school districts to conduct relevant research and provide professional development in order to promote quality teaching and learning. Today, these 30 Virginia school districts actively participate in SURN through providing access to their schools, faculty, and students for research; and participating in professional development. Such programs are created to address needs identified by SURN Superintendents.
Open for Registration:
We have transferred to online registration to accept credit cards, check, and purchase order payments. If you are interested in attending one of our events, please register through our TouchNet store at the links below.
- Joy of Literacy and Literature, October 4, 2019
- Math Day (with the Tidewater Team for Math Education), October 10 (K-5) or October 11 (6-12), 2019
- Math Day Credit Card Store
- Math Day Check/Invoice Store
- Structured Literacy Conference, October 25, 2019
- Eastern Virginia Writing Project Mini Conference, October 26, 2019
- Designing Formative Assessment, November 8, 2019
- Feedback: Increasing the Amount and Quality to Improve Instruction, 2-part series, November 19, 2019 & January 14, 2020
- SURN Family Engagement Academy (Begins March 9, 2020)
For handouts from previous events, please click the event name to your left. Older event handouts are found under its Archived folder. If you are unable to locate a handout, it is not available for public distribution.
SURN follows the VDOE guidelines for relicensure in terms of providing documentation for our events.
Please email [[SURN]] for any questions about an event or registration.