The following information packets provide an overview of current topics and best practices for serving students with mild/moderate disabilities. They are in pdf format. Click on the title to download. (You may save the document to your computer's hard drive for future reference.)
Please note: T/TAC W&M will not be updating Considerations Packets with more current references. Although the content is still relevant, we recommend you find additional resources to supplement the information found here.
If you experience any problems with your download, please contact Mary Beth Mueller at 757-221-6001 or [[memueller]].
- Classroom Interventions for Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Co-Planning for Student Success
- Designing Effective Professional Development - This Considerations Packet is no longer available. A more current open resource, Standards for Professional Learning, may be found on Learning Forward’s website.
- Graphic Organizers: Guiding Principles and Effective Practices
- The Heart of the IEP
- Inclusive Grading and Progress-Monitoring Practices
- Instructional Assessment
- Paraeducators' Tools for Supporting the Instructional Process
- Pillars of Support: Designing Positive Behavior Interventions for Students with Disabilities
- Practice and Homework - Effective Teaching Strategies
- Reasonable and Effective Accommodations
- Strategies for Creating Effective School Leadership Teams
- Techniques for Active Learning
- Transition Planning for a Brighter Future: Designing IEPs for Secondary Students with Disabilities
- A "Word" About Vocabulary
- The Write Tools Can Make a Difference
- The Writing Process: A Scaffolding Approach