The School of Education shares position announcements as a service to our students and to our partners in the field, but does not endorse specific positions.
Looking for an occasional date night sitter(s); one 9 yo son. Pay is $20/hour- must have transportation (about 15 min from campus in Kingsmill).Contact Katie Mulherin at 703-200-3025 or email@example.comPosted 9/27/23
We are looking for a tutor to help our daughter with Pre-Calculus (10th grader Jamestown High). We are flexible on times after 3:00PM for weeknights (no Wednesdays) and we are open on weekends too. We would love for her to have the chance to meet weekly. Rates are negotiable. Please contact Chaily at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
Companion needed for delightful 17 year old boy with Prader-Willi Syndrome. Prader-Willi Syndrome is a birth defect that disrupts communication between the brain and stomach preventing my son from feeling satiety. In other words, physiologically he feels hungry all the time. PWS is a spectrum disorder. Online searches present worst case scenarios. Our son requires a companion to monitor access to food, keep him active, moving, and his mind busy so he is not preoccupied with eating. If you like to go to Busch Gardens & Water Country, hike, bike, swim, zipline, dogs, birds, crafting, cooking, movies, and appreciate healthy eating, you would have a fun and rewarding time being a companion to our son. There is also quiet time during the day for homework, studying, and reading. Must have a positive encouraging personality, and be a good social role model.
Flexible schedule, amount of hours, and start date. Starting pay $12.00 to $14.00/hr before taxes. We provide gas money. When on an adventure with our son, all expenses are paid.
Must have a car and be 18 or older. Background check required. For interest or questions Text 757-256-6288 or email email@example.com .
Care for Special Education Young Adults:
I have two LOVELY sons, ages 19 and 22, both on the autistic spectrum, with very different presentations of autism. I work full-time as a teacher and am looking for someone who might be willing/able to help serve as an 'adult in our home' in the afternoons while I finish up at work, try to fit in a walk, and start dinner.
I'm looking for M,T,W,Th,& Fri, anywhere from 12pm-5/6 pm; but any days and times would be a huge help to me. Since I'm a teacher, I would not need consistent help over the breaks and am relatively flexible around times.
The boys are easy-going, and often, our sitters have been able to bring a book to work.
Pay is anywhere from $15/hour - $22/hour. All negotiable.
I can be reached at this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org Or by phone: (434) 825-3815.
AP Chemistry Tutor
We are looking for a tutor to help our two daughters that are taking AP Chemistry at Jamestown High. We are flexible on times after 3:00PM for weeknights and we are open to weekends too.. We would love for them to have the chance to meet weekly. Rates are negotiable. Please contact Chaily at email@example.com if you are interested.
AP Statistics Tutor Position
My name is Christina Kokolis and my daughter is a rising senior in high school at Walsingham Academy. We are looking to hire a tutor for her AP Statistics class.
We are looking for someone to meet with her weekly, on Wednesday evenings or Saturday mornings. (We have some flexibility in our schedule regarding times). We would pay $50 per hour. If someone is interested and available, please contact, firstname.lastname@example.org, 757-784-4697.
I am seeking an EF coach or tutor for my High School sophomore son who is attending Jamestown High School. Specifically, I need someone to help with time management, focus and to help strengthen planning and execution skills. The area of focus is AP World Geography and Latin. Two 90 minute sessions either at a library or virtual per week for planning and follow up.
Contact: Barbara Forth, 781-521-7210, email@example.com
Positions:The Learning Experience in Williamsburg is looking for a Toddler and a Pre-School Teacher.
PreSchool Teacher - https://tle-careers.careerplug.com/jobs/1944463/apps/new
Toddler Teacher - https://tle-careers.careerplug.com/jobs/1944453/apps/new
Posted: July 18, 2023
Position: Flexible nanny job available
I have a daughter who is 3 years old and I am currently seeking someone who is willing to come to our house in Williamsburg twice a week to care for her. She is a very happy easy going girl who is lots of fun. She loves to play and be silly and enjoys arts and crafts. If interested I would like to set up an interview and go over more details and I am happy to answer any questions.
(Must be comfortable with pets. I have a black cat and a golden retriever puppy).
Contact: Brittney Van Norman, 757-759-7782, Vannormanbrittney47@gmail.com
Job Title: Part-Time Nanny for a 3-Month-Old Newborn
Julian Boatner (WM Alum ‘14 and current men's basketball assistant) and his wife are seeking a caring and experienced Part-Time Nanny to provide exceptional care for their 3-month-old newborn. As a nanny, your primary responsibility will be to ensure the safety, well-being, and development of the child during the assigned hours. This is a part-time position requiring flexibility and a genuine love for infants.
- Provide attentive and nurturing care to the 3-month-old newborn, meeting their physical, emotional, and developmental needs.
- Create a safe and stimulating environment that promotes the child's growth and development.
- Feed, burp, and change the newborn's diapers as needed.
- Follow established routines for feeding, napping, and playtime to maintain consistency.
- Engage the child in age-appropriate activities, such as reading, singing, and interactive play, to promote cognitive and social development.
- Monitor the child's health and well-being, promptly reporting any concerns to the parents.
- Maintain a clean and organized environment for the child, including washing bottles, sterilizing equipment, and tidying up after playtime.
- Collaborate with the parents to establish and maintain consistent sleep patterns and nap schedules.
- Communicate effectively and maintain a positive and respectful relationship with the parents, providing regular updates on the child's progress and daily activities.
- Experience as a nanny or caregiver for infants, preferably with newborns.
- Knowledge of newborn care, including feeding, burping, diaper changing, and safe sleep practices. Strong understanding of infant milestones and age-appropriate activities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to build trust and rapport with the parents.
- Reliability, punctuality, and the ability to maintain a consistent schedule.
- Respect for the family's privacy and willingness to adhere to their parenting preferences.
Work Schedule: The position is part-time, with approximately 20-25 hours per week. The specific schedule will be determined in collaboration with the parents.
CompensationThe salary will be based on experience and discussed during the interview process.
Potential Start Date:August-September 2023. Please provide references from previous nanny or caregiving positions, along with any relevant certifications or training.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if interested!
Have a job opportunity to share with our students? Email us at [[emcavallari]].