Benefits of being a Holmes Scholar include:
- Membership in a national network of peers with access to dedicated online social networks.
- Mentoring opportunities by Holmes Scholar alumni currently in academia and other leadership positions.
- Opportunities to present their research at the AACTE Annual Meeting.
- Dedicated mentoring programs at the AACTE Annual Meeting.
- A job fair at the AACTE Annual Meeting and access to position announcements through the year.
- Annual Holmes Scholars Summer Policy Institute in Washington, DC, including participation in AACTE’s Day on the Hill and networking events associated with the AACTE State Leaders Institute.
- Leadership and professional development opportunities at the national level, such as participation in conference presentations and policy/advocacy training.