- Book, lunch, and other materials included in registration
- The workshop is designed for principals, grade level chairs, literacy leadership teams, and teacher leaders.
- Four teachers and their principal may attend as a team for a reduced rate, which includes the bonus of the principal attending for free
- Demonstrations, video clips of classroom instruction, hands-on construction of learning materials, sample lesson plans, samples of student work, and small group activities designed to meet diverse learner interests and needs
2014 SURN Leadership Academy
Email [[prdevc]] for a registration form today!
This Academy also offers concurrent sessions, a post-conference session, and complimentary book study!
Academy speakers include:
- Mr. James Nottingham, Education Consultant, Author of Challenging Learning and Encouraging Learning
- Dr. Daniel Willingham, University of Virginia, Author of Why Don't Students Like School? and When Can You Trust the Experts?
- Karin Chenoweth, author of Getting It Done: Leading Academic Success in Unexpected Schools
The Academy is being held on the campus of The College of William and Mary in the School of Education's Professional Development Center.
2014 Joy of Literacy and Literature Conference
The Annual Joy of Literacy and Literature focuses on effective instructional strategies for teaching non-fiction literature. It will be held on October 10, 2014 (9:00 am – 3:30 pm) and is designed for K-8 educators. The conference features non-fiction authors, K-8 educators, and university faculty sharing strategies to enhance literacy instruction and a love of literature.