3 Ways to Register
- Mail to Center for Gifted Education, PO Box 8795, Williamsburg, VA 23187
- Fax to 757-221-2184
- [[cfgepd,Email us]]
- Early Bird: $325 (Before May 13)
- Regular: $350
- On-Site: $400
- Current W&M Student: $100
The purposes of Summer Institute are to:
- highlight Center for Gifted Education materials,
- disseminate research-based best practices, and
- provide professional development to promote leadership and exemplary practices in gifted education.
Summer Institute is designed for gifted program coordinators, other district and building-level administrators, teachers of the gifted, and all teachers who want to enhance their ability to differentiate appropriately for their gifted and advanced learners.
- Center for Gifted Education Language Arts Curriculum
- Challenging Secondary Gifted Students: Developing a Sense of Self Through English Language Arts
- Designing Challenging Math Activities
- Developing Assessments for Highly Able Students Using Standards
- Increasing Opportunities for Innovation and Creativity: Engaging Advanced Learners in STEM
- Navigating the Information Highway: Strategies for Teaching Informational Text in the Content Areas for Gifted Students
- Personalizing Curriculum for Gifted Students With Blended Learning
Sessions are subject to cancellation should minimum numbers not be met. Those registered in sessions that do not make will be notified no later than May 27, 2016 and will be given the opportunity to select another session. In the event that another session is not desired, participants will receive a full refund. Please register early to avoid class cancellations!