Early Childhood Resources
Professional Development Resources for Early Childhood Educators
- McKinney-Vento 101 for Early Childhood Educators video
- One page tip sheet for Early Childhood Educators
- Supporting Young Children Experiencing Homelessness Webinar Series (National Center for Homeless Education)
Reports & Briefs on Young Children Experiencing Homelessness
- National Center for Homeless Education Preschool/Early Childhood Resources
- Head Start Early Childhood Learning & Knowledge Center (ECLKC) – Families and Children Experiencing Homelessness (learning modules, webinars, and other resources)
- SchoolHouse Connection, Young Children Experiencing Homelessness
- Serving Children Experiencing Homelessness with CCDF (2017)
- Administration for Children and Families
- CDC Learn the Signs, Act Early
- Virginia Early Intervention and Public Preschool Programs (Accessible)
- Home at Head Start: Helping Families Experiencing Homelessness Access Head Start Services is a national initiative to increase the number of young children experiencing homelessness enrolled in Head Start.
- Sesame Workshop Launches Nationwide Initiative to Address the Impact of Homelessness Among America’s Youngest Children
- Early Childhood Self-Assessment Tool for Family Shelters. Family shelters have the potential to be a positive, stable force in the lives of displaced children and mitigate the negative impact that homelessness can have on their development by creating an environment that is safe and developmentally appropriate.
- Wingspan is dedicated to developing young children’s social-emotional skills, problem-solving abilities, and healthy decision-making.
- Al’s Pals is a comprehensive curriculum and teacher training program that equips teachers to create an emotionally safe, trauma-sensitive classroom where children learn to form caring relationships, self-regulate, and acquire key social-emotional skills. See how Al’s Pals aligns with trauma-informed practices [pdf].