- Find my liaison- Your local liaison is your first contact for questions regarding students experiencing homelessness. This link provides a listing of the name and contact information for each school division's liaison.
- Homeless definition - Who qualifies as homeless under McKinney-Vento, and what are some best practices in verifying eligibility?
Information for service providers:
- The Educational Rights of Children and Youth Experiencing Homelessness: What Service Providers Need to Know (pdf) - what you need to know about the law regarding homeless children and youth in education
- School Help for Homeless Children with Disabilities (pdf) - questions and answers about special education law and how it applies to children experiencing homelessness
- Trauma informed homeless services - A series of briefs from the Family and Children’s Trust Fund (FACT) of Virginia exploring trauma and trauma-informed care. Each addition in this series will discuss the ways in which trauma may be experienced at different points in the lifespan, how trauma may impact the individual, what some possible social, emotional or physical impacts may be, and some promising interventions and resources.