If you are experiencing homelessness:
- Your child can be enrolled in school, even if you don't have required documents such as a birth certificate or shot records.
- Your child may be able to stay at the same school, and you may be able to receive transportation to that school.
- Your child can receive free school lunch.
Each school district has a Homeless Liaison, who can help you and your child. Find your local liaison.
Brochures & Resources:
- What Families Need to Know - Family Brochure in English & Spanish (pdf)
- Crisis Assistance Directory - a listing of local resources for those experiencing a housing crisis
- Homeless and Special Needs Housing - Virginia Department of Housing & Community Development
- School Help for Homeless Children with Disabilities: Information for Parents (pdf)