Presented by the Virginia Department of Social Services and the Virginia Department of Education. For additional information on this topic, visit the Enrollment of Students in Foster Care page on the Virginia Department of Education website.
Annual Regional Trainings - Foster Care - these trainings are free and open to all school staff, LDSS, LCPAs, and anyone interested in supporting students in foster care. Liaisons - feel free to invite your supervisors, school counselors, school social workers, and anyone who works with foster care (administrative assistants, case managers, or your back ups), as well as local or community partners.
- Williamsburg, VA • September 24, 2019 • 1:00-4:00 • Register here!
- Mineral, VA • September 30, 2019 • 1:00-4:00 • Register here!
- Gloucester Point, VA • October 2, 2019 • 1:00-4:00 • Register here!
- Foster Care Liaisons (LEA) [xlsx] revised September 2019
- Educational Stability Liaisons (DSS) [xlsx] revised March 2019
- US Department of Education - Health & Human Services Non-Regulatory Guidance [pdf]
- Virginia Department of Social Services - Virginia Department of Education Joint Guidance [pdf]
- FC/ESSA Form A-17, Notice of Student Receiving Foster Care Services and Request for Best Interest Determination Participation Form [doc]
- FC/ESSA Form B-17, Best Interest Determination for Foster Care School Placement Form [doc]
- FC/ESSA Form C-17, Immediate Enrollment of Student in Foster Care Form [doc]
- FC/ESSA Form D-17, Best Interest Determination Process Educational Input from Residential Treatment Centers Form [doc]
- Superintendent’s Memo #324-17 Educational Stability for Students in Foster Care, Updated Virginia Joint Guidance to Align With the Every Student Succeeds Act and the Fostering Connections to Success and Increasing Adoptions Act of 2008 with link to [doc] Joint Guidance