The number of awards will be limited by the merit of the applications and the funding available. An individual award will be limited to $1500. Applicants may submit one (1) application per year.
Basic eligibility requirements include the following:
- Employed by a school/district in the Hampton Roads geographic area
- Teach in a Pre-K through 12 classroom
- Minimum of three years classroom teaching experience
- A full-time teacher spending at least 50% of the time in the classroom or a classroom-like setting
- Must have the intention of returning to teaching in their school/district in the consecutive school year
How to Prepare and Submit an Application
Proposals must be written by the person(s) applying for the scholarship. Proposals written by other parties, including principals or school administrators, will not be considered. Proposals should be successful in articulating creative, thoughtful insights that can develop a greater potential for your learning and how furthering your education will impact students you will teach in the future. The value of a submittal is in the clarity of ideas. Tidewater Teacher honors the professionalism of dedicated teachers and values their judgment as to what best impacts their practice.
All applicants MUST apply online to Scholarship@TidewaterTeacher.com. Tidewater Teacher will accept applications between December 1, 2010 and March 30th, 2011.
Online submissions must be made by 5:00 pm EST on March 30th, 2011.
Submissions that are not selected will not be returned to the author. Tidewater Teacher will not retain any copies of the manuscripts submitted if it is not selected.
- Proposal (see above)
- At least one reference letter.
- A bio page and/or resume that shows background
- Phone Numbers
Apply online at http://www.virginiateacheronline.com/.