Must be a resident of Shenandoah County
Alpha Delta Kappa is an international sorority honoring outstanding female educators. Our sorority is of an altruistic nature. This spring the Alpha Omicron Chapter in Woodstock, Va. would like to offer a $500 scholarship to a deserving student.
- Student must be an education major or must be planning to declare education as a major. Student may also reapply for the scholarship each year.
- The scholarship applicant will be notified in May of the year applied if the applicant is accepted as the recipient; however, the money will be awarded , no sooner than August prior to the Junior year in college.
- The recipient must send proof of being an education major during the summer prior to receipt of money.
- Student may be male or female.
- Student must be a resident of Shenandoah County.
- Grades, activities, and need will be considered.
- A copy of the applicant's transcript must be sent along with the application.
- Two letters of recommendation from adults who are not related to the applicant must be sent directly to Shirley Moyers, P.O. Box 347, Woodstock: VA 22664.
- Applicant must explain why he/she is interested in a teaching career. (No more than one sheet of paper, please.)
- The applicant must possess qualities of initiative, good character, motivation, a pleasant personality, leadership and good citizenship.
The completed application should be returned to the address below:
P.O. Box 347
Woodstock: VA 22664.
For questions regarding this scholarship, contact Ms. Moyers at (540) 459-4434.