National Center for Cultural Competence at Georgetown University
- A comprehensive resource addressing the work of cultural and linguistic competence to disrupt racism.
Cultural Competence Toolkit | Office for Institutional Equity and Diversity, NC State University
- A toolkit for addressing cultural competence through awareness, attitudes, knowledge and skills.
SEM 100: Cultural Competence & Humility | Syracuse University Libraries
- A comprehensive resource on cultural competence and cultural humility, including definitions, books, videos and podcasts.
Climate - Take an asset-based approach | Center for New Designs in Learning and Scholarship, Georgetown University
- Taking an asset-based approach — why it matters and how to do it. Diversity in a learning community means that people bring a variety of strengths and experiences, many of which could be relevant to matters at hand.
Embracing Diversity with Asset-based Pedagogies (Asset-based, Personalized, Recognizing Difference, Perspective Diversity, Method Diversity) | Center for Excellence in Teaching, Learning & Online Education, Georgia State University
- Specifies elements of an asset-based approach, and a Diversity Readiness Suggestions Checklist, which links to a Comparison Between Asset and Deficit Based Approaches.
Teaching from an Asset-Based Framework | The Institute for Learning and Teaching, Colorado State University
Developing Critical Consciousness: Knowledge Instructors Need to Implement Asset-Based Instruction
Dr. Francesca López, Waterbury Chair in Equity Pedagogy at Pennsylvania State University, College of Education. Video Presentation | Slides
- Dr. Francesca López discusses why we need and how to cultivate asset-based pedagogy in institutions of higher education.