- U.S. Department of Education
- Draft Guidance on McKinney-Vento March 2003 [pdf]
- No Child Left Behind
The U.S. Department of Education's No Child Left Behind Web site includes fact sheets, question/answer sheets, parent tool kits, glossary of terms, an overview of the legislation, and other useful information to the public.
- U.S. Department of Education Publications
- Education Resource Organizations Directory - This database enables access to state, regional, or national organizations that provide information and assistance on a broad range of education-related topics.
Food and Shelter
Supplements the work of local social service organizations within the United States, both private and governmental, to help people in need of emergency assistance
- Food and Nutrition Service of the United States Department of Agriculture
- Food Research and Action Center (FRAC)
FRAC is a nonprofit and nonpartisan research and public policy center that focuses on conducting research on hunger and its effects, analyzing legislation, regulations, reports, and proposals, and providing coordination and support for anti-hunger programs and activists nationwide.
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Bureau of Primary Health Care
As part of the US Department of Health and Human Services, the Bureau of Primary Health Care assures that underserved and vulnerable people get the health care they need. Their Web site provides information regarding current health issues, health centers, and funding opportunities.
- The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
SAMHSA leads federal efforts to treat mental illnesses by promoting mental health and by preventing the development or worsening of mental illness when possible.
- U. S. Department of Health and Human Services
Legislative and Government Documents
- Federal Legislation
This searchable database allows users to track current legislation in Congress and provides access to previous Congresses' bills, members' votes, and Congressional records.
- Fed World
Managed by the National Technical Information Service (NTIS), it is online search engine for information disseminated by the Federal Government.
Other Helpful Internet Resources
- Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA)
A government-wide compendium of Federal programs, projects, services, and activities which provide assistance or benefits to the American public. It contains financial and nonfinancial assistance programs administered by departments and establishments of the federal government.
- Official U.S. Executive Branch Websites
- Office on Violence Against Women
A branch of the US Department of Justice, this office handles legal and policy issues regarding violence against women.
- U.S. Census Bureau