The three program departments are defined as:
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Educational Policy, Planning and Leadership
- School Psychology and Counselor Education
Transfer Between Departments
Matriculated students who wish to transfer between departments will be required to complete an abbreviated re-application process. The student will be considered and treated as a new applicant. The following information should be provided:
- A new or revised application form to include a new essay that explains the reason for change
- updated transcripts, if applicable
- updated test scores, if applicable
- updated letters of recommendation, if applicant chooses to do so
- any additional materials or documentation required by specific programs
After a student submits the new application, the review process will follow regular admission procedures.
Transfer Within Departments
For students who wish to change an emphasis within a department, the student must receive the approval of his or her current faculty advisor, the new advisor, and the program department chair. A Change of Emphasis form should be signed and submitted to the Office of Academic Programs.