- Left margins: 1 ½”
- Top margin (1st page of new chapter): 2”
- Top margin (Half-title page): 4”
- All other margins: 1"
- Lowercase Roman numerals for all preliminary pages except Title and Half-Title, which should be included in numbering, but without numbers appearing on them.
- First page of Chapter 1 is pg. 2. (Half-title page is pg. 1.)
- All numbers aligned at the bottom centers of pages, ¾” from the bottom
- Title Page
- Approval Sheet
- Dissertation Defense Verification Form (signed by chair and committee members)
- Dedication (optional)
- Table of Contents
- includes all text headings
- includes all text subheadings
- List of Tables
- List of Illustrations/Figures
- Footnotes (optional)
- Vita (1 page)
- full name
- date & place of birth
- educational background
- degrees held/dates conferred
- pertinent training/experience
- In-text citations match References.
- References match in-text citations.
All elements adhere to APA 6th edition style guidelines, except as modified in this Doctoral Handbook.