Teaching is one of the most important jobs in America, and our nation’s future largely depends on the quality and effectiveness of our teachers.
That’s why William & Mary’s nationally accredited and ranked School of Education is strongly committed to establishing the highest quality teacher education, school specialists and administrator programs. This dashboard provides evidence that our teacher candidates embody the skills and attributes needed to fulfill this extraordinary undertaking. These key findings focus on our undergraduate, graduate, elementary, secondary and special education programs.
- consistently high rankings and accreditations
- qualifications of strong, academically competitive students
- distinctive, broad-based curriculum for certification programs
- incorporation of established clinical experiences
- performance-based measures to assess teacher readiness
There is vibrant work going on in the teacher education programs at William & Mary as we prepare our graduates to be effective instructors and leaders in their classrooms.